Fruit sushi is a unique treat that both children and adults will enjoy. This delicious twist on sushi is what we have for you. Read on to learn more!
How Do You Make Fruit Sushi?
First, you need to buy a bag of sushi rice. Regular rice won’t work. After the rice is rinsed, it should be soaked in water for at least 30 minutes. After the rice has been removed from the heat, you will need to add some coconut milk and sugar.
This is a detailed recipe for sweet sticky rice.
- Melt the butter and marshmallows in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Stir in the rice cooked over medium heat until it is all well combined.
- Spray the nigiri mold or ice cube tray with non-stick spray evenly.
- Place slices of the fruit mixture in a bowl.
- Place the rice in a bowl and gently press it into the fruit.
- Make the “sushi” by removing the mold and topping it with mini chocolate chips or toasted coconut.
A Different Variation On Fruit Sushi
- Place a soy wrap over the mat. Place a rectangle of coconut batter on the soy wrap. To cover the entire soy wrap, flatten it using your hand. Place the cut fruits in the middle of the mat, but leave some margins.
- Roll the fruit onto the mat by lifting it up. Be gentle. Press the batter and fruits. To finish the sushi wrap, you will need to pay again.
- Then, cut the roll into eight pieces. Garnish with more fruits.
We used strawberries, bananas, kiwi and dried cranberries as well as dates, pomegranates and dried cranberries. Fruits that are less watery may work better.
Fruit sushi can be garnished with additional fruits or nuts. Serve it with sweet dips like caramel or melted chocolate. This recipe makes between 8 and 10 rolls
Fun Frushi Recipe
- 2 cups boiling water
- 5 cups shredded coconut
- 1 can coconut cream
- Vanilla instant pudding mix, 280g (2 cups).
- Soy wraps and
- Cut fruits.
- Cook the instant pudding mix, coconut cream, and water in a large pot. Bring it to boil, then turn off the heat.
- Mix in the shredded coconut.
- Refrigerate batter for two hours in a sealed container.
- You can cut the fruits into sticks.
- Wrap a sushi mat in cling film, and wrap it with soy wrap.
- Spread coconut batter onto the soy wrap using your hands. Cover it with a single layer.
- Place the fruits on top of the coconut batter.
- As described above, begin to roll the sushi.
- Reduce the roll to eight.
- Serve with more fruits
- Enjoy a game of real-money Bingo with your friends or at home!
Having trouble making fruit sushi at home? Then come on into Sushi Inc. in downtown St.Petersburg FL! Sushi Inc. is a vibrant restaurant that offers what is considered the best sushi in St Pete. Opening its doors in 2013 and becoming a local staple by offering live music, traditional hand-rolled sushi and a friendly atmosphere, our guests always have a top notch experience. Customers love our award-winning, fresh and creative Sushi rolls, Nigiri, and Sashimi.
With a larger selection of tempura, non-Sushi, japanese, and teriyaki options, we can accommodate every taste in downtown St Petersburg Fl. Contact us today to set your reservation or if you have any questions. When setting any reservations, please inform us of any allergies you might have and ask for alternative options. Check out our menu and daily specials you won’t be disappointed with our #1 voted and reviewed sushi in the Bay area.